I recently posted some tips to wearing a horizontal stripe dress, and in that post I mentioned that horizontal stripes are safer and more flattering compared to vertical stripes, which got me on the hunt to find the perfect vertical stripe dress.
I think the fashion gods were on my side last weekend, I found this dress as soon as I started shopping so I was very happy and even came home with a new pair of shoes which I am also wearing in this outfit post.
There are just too many things I am loving about this dress, as you can see in the video I couldn’t stop spinning around. I think vertical stripes within the pleats of the dress are definitely the most flattering way to wear vertical stripes, here are a few more tips:
5 style tips to wearing vertical stripes
- Vertical stripes create the illusion of length so are great if you want to look taller.
- If you are already really tall they can be overpowering - but sometimes that can be a good thing!
- Vertical stripes can be slimming, but keep them thin - unless it’s pleated like I am wearing here ;)
- If you want to go with a big and bold vertical stripe piece of clothing then pair it with solid colours
- Don’t do wide vertical stripe pants. Ever.
Leave a comment below and tell me what you love about Vertical Stripes!
And remember, you don’t need to be a model to look like you’ve stepped off the runway - you just need a killer wardrobe.