How to make your lips bigger with makeup and a DIY scrub
Hello my fashionsistas!
Today I’m going to share with you three ways to make your lips look plump. I wasn’t genetically blessed with full beautiful lips like Angelina Jolie, so I do a few makeup tricks like to plump my lips up and make them look bigger.
Watch below to learn how to make your lips bigger with makeup and a DIY lip scrub recipe
You can find all the products I used today in my beauty box.
I hope you found this video helpful and if you have any tips on how to plump your lips share them by leaving a comment below.
And remember, you don’t need to be a model to look like you’ve stepped off the runway – you just need a killer wardrobe and some lipstick!
PS – At work and can’t watch this video? Here is the step-by-step guide on how to make your lips bigger xox
How to plump your lips with a DIY scrub
This scrub is going to stimulate blood flow to your lips and keep them looking plump for few hours.
What you’ll need:
- A few drops of olive oil
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- A soft toothbrush
What to do:
- Place the ingredients all together in a small dish and mix with the toothbrush
- Exfoliate your lips in circular motions for about 2-3 minutes (you will feel your lips will start to tingle a little bit)
- And then once you’re done just rinse it off or wipe it away with a wet towel
Get a big bold pout by overdrawing your lips
- Overdrawing your lips is great if you really want to achieve dramatic and bold lips.
- Take a lip liner that is close to, or a little darker than your natural lip colour, I use Whirl by MAC
- Line the outside of your natural lip line (I like to add a bit of definition around my cupid’s bow as well)
- Use that same lip liner and fill in your entire lip as well
- Then use a nude or clear lip gloss over the top (I use L’Oreal Glam Shine)
- As Whirl by MAC is very close to the colour of my lips, it is a quite a natural look but my lips do look huge. I also do this with red so if you do want to try super bold red lips don’t be afraid, Audrey Hepburn often rocked an overdrawn red lip. Just follow the same steps as above.
Naturally enhance your lips by contouring them
If overdrawing your lips isn’t really your thing and you want something a bit more soft and natural, you can really easily contour your lips.
- Place a little shimmer at your cupids bow and blend it out with a clean concealer brush. I use Fluid Sheer by Giorgio Armani in number 2
- Then take a really dark concealer and just draw a small line (about 1cm wide) at the centre of your bottom lip and softly blend that with a clean concealer brush. I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade Café
- Place some of the normal shade of concealer that you use at the centre of your top and bottom lips then blend it out with a concealer brush
- Then gloss your lips with a clear lipgloss I use L’Oreal Glam Shine